***June 26, 2018 EDIT - Thank you to all applicants. The application process is closed.***
Magenta Health (www.magentahealth.ca) seeks to hire one full-time or two part-time medical administrative support staff to work at 2 or more of our clinic locations. If you are interested in working at an innovative medical clinic with a heavy emphasis on leveraging technology to improve patient care and access and be part of an amazing, welcoming team, we'd love to hear from you!
We are a passionate group of doctors dedicated to delivering superior patient care in a warm and welcoming environment. We think great patient care starts with caring support staff, and we’re looking for someone who enjoys interacting with patients and the many families that we work with.
We firmly believe technology and online tools (such as online appointment scheduling and patient messaging) can enhance patient care and streamline the operation of our clinic. As such, proficiency with computers and technology is a must, and excellent writing and customer service skills will be highly valued.
Medical experience or related education is not at all required. The pay will start at $15/hr during the probationary period and start at $16/hr with benefits thereafter.
Details of the position:
- Monday - Friday : In general, a 5 day work week with 2 or 3 evening shifts from 12PM - 8PM and 2 or 3 day shifts from 9AM - 5PM or 10AM-6PM (exact hours TBD and somewhat negotiable)
- Saturday: 10AM -1PM once every 3 or 4 weeks
- Location: TBD. Depending on your availability / convenience / interest, we may ask you to work from only our Riverside and Midtown clinics, or potentially all three clinics on various set days
- Covering the occasional evening or weekend shift (including at a location you don't typically work) may be required. Training will occur mainly at our Riverside and Midtown locations.
- For two part-time staff, some combination of the above hours and locations would be worked out.
- Primary: managing the day-to-day flow of the clinic, working with patients and physicians, basic medical tasks (training to be provided), cleaning and tidying exam rooms, restocking of rooms, reception duties
- Secondary: administrative tasks such as contacting patients\labs\medical offices, answering phone calls, handling incoming\outgoing faxes, appointment scheduling and other administrative tasks